My geocaching stats

Profile for kungfuhippie

Cacher Stats

Friday, July 9, 2010

Cache Grab: Ep. 9 (7/1/10 - 7/7/10)

This last week I finally managed to get my very first FTF! Hooray, I still can't believe it. I didn't think that I would ever beat out all the FTF hounds in my area. Everything just kind of worked out for me to get there. It was a weekday and the cache was far enough from Madison that no one ran out before work but close enough that I didn't mind driving for it. Luckily, my sister is visiting from Canada and she was watching the geo-pirates for me. That let me move quickly and not have to deal with any baby issues while on the way to the cache. As I was driving there, I checked and there were no logs posted yet so might as well attempt it. I arrived at the park and there are a ton of Muggles at the pool, so I'm thinking to myself how am I going to get this cache. As it turns out, the cache was hidden in a nicely secluded area and I was able to make a relatively quick find. It felt good to grab the FTF, especially since the day before I had a run of STF because the FTF waited over 4 hours to log their finds.

I also was able to take another chunk out of the America the Beautiful series on the Glacial Drumlin Trail, I've really been enjoying them except for the mandatory blood donations to the mosquito nation. Finally, another of my friends has decided to try out geocaching and I'm pretty sure he is addicted. It's always nice to bring another Muggle to the light!

This week's successful trips:
106. Harper's Ferry Historical Park - ATB
107. Theodore Roosevelt National Park - ATB
108. Fort Moultrie (Fort Sumter National Monument) - ATB
109. Effigy Mounds National Monument - ATB
110. WSQ Hope Lutheran Cemetary
111. Ahuska Park Cache
112. WSQ Oak Hall
113. But I Would not feel so all alone...
114. Goeres Cache
115. Eli's River
116. Happy Birthday Rich Cache
117. Happy B-Day Chez
118. Jenni's Cache
119. Bella's Cache
120. Elliot's Treasure
121. Grassy Lake Boatlanding
122. WSQ: St John's Lutheran Cemetary
123. WSQ - North York
124. HIGHWAY VIEW
125. Bullseye #3
126. Jenni's Cache IV - Strength on the Prairie
127. WSQ B&B Series - Everyone's The Same
128. WSQ B&B Series - Cemetery Fun
129. Ole's Sign
130. Skybrid Cache

No comments:

Post a Comment